> Related Resources > Roy Masters and the FHU
  #21  
Old 12-24-2004, 03:17 AM
Default

Hmmmmm....thank you for posting this Pegasus. It was a real eye opener, but I'm not yet going to form any conclusions. I have to wonder if this is just another attempt by Roy to become more marketable -- something which it seems he has very slowly been trying to do over the years. Surely much of what turned me away from his teachings is the fact that many of the things he said struck me as very wrong, and were not biblical, or even spiritually, psychologically, morally or logically correct in my own observations about life. I felt that I was getting too much often erroneous psychology and hogwash from him, and not enough pure, biblical Christianity.

He is still playing the martyr to some extent, since many of his comments and statements, which I've heard with my own ears, led to and were directly responsible for what he claims others accuse him of, with regard to misquotes, etc. Actually some of the accusations that occurred over time were not always that far off base. He does not say exactly where he was wrong in every instance, but at least he admits it, which is refreshing and admirable, if he is sincere. This is certainly a new and interesting development. It definitely bears continued discussion.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-26-2004, 03:53 PM
Default

Yes, but would there ever have been a classical Greece without King Minos? And, as much as I don't agree with Roy Masters, I think much of his ideas were preliminary and to come first (as uncharted territory), before I could even come to the conclusions that I drew later. While admittedly, I had to suffer a horrible consequence as a result. Oh, and let's not forget that Dionysus was the son-in-law of King Minos.
__________________
So when the body dies, and consciousness departs, where do "we" go? ... Off to define another "reality" perhaps?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-27-2004, 02:33 AM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iacchus32
And, as much as I don't agree with Roy Masters, I think much of his ideas were preliminary and to come first (as uncharted territory), before I could even come to the conclusions that I drew later.
Hi Iacchus. :wave_1: Yes, I completely agree with this as well. I would say that the same is very true for me. It was a means by which I came to understand many of the things that I do now.

Last edited by Epiphany : 01-19-2005 at 08:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-29-2004, 01:44 PM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiphany
Hmmmmm....thank you for posting this Pegasus. It was a real eye opener, but I'm not yet going to form any conclusions. I have to wonder if this is just another attempt by Roy to become more marketable -- something which it seems he has very slowly been trying to do over the years. Surely much of what turned me away from his teachings is the fact that many of the things he said struck me as very wrong, and were not biblical, or even spiritually, psychologically, morally or logically correct in my own observations about life. I felt that I was getting too much often erroneous psychology and hogwash from him, and not enough pure, biblical Christianity.

He is still playing the martyr to some extent, since many of his comments and statements, which I've heard with my own ears, led to and were directly responsible for what he claims others accuse him of, with regard to misquotes, etc. Actually some of the accusations that occurred over time were not always that far off base. He does not say exactly where he was wrong in every instance, but at least he admits it, which is refreshing and admirable, if he is sincere. This is certainly a new and interesting development. It definitely bears continued discussion.

I've noticed a change in the way he responds to callers lately. He seems to be a little kinder and more willing to listen to what they have to say. In the past, he often refused to hear them out and acted like he had them all figured out and would often cut them off in mid-conversation. There's still some of that but he seems to be making a sincere effort to be more patient and kinder (more grandfatherly, I guess). The change may have been provoked by the fear of losing his listeners and his organization. Thank you for your reply, Epiphany.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-16-2005, 09:01 PM
Default

I listened to Roy Masters early this morning and he has a special offer. He is offering 40 hours of "Advice Line" on an MP3-CD for $40. He said that you can pick up an MP3 player for as little as $30 (approx.) at places like Wal-Mart or K-Mart. He commented to a listener that he doesn't make goals. He saiid that often you look behind you and discover that you're already there. I don't remember his exact words but he said it much more eloquently in his British accent.

Advice Line

Last edited by Pegasus : 02-17-2005 at 03:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-17-2005, 04:13 PM
Default Roy Masters Article from "The Board" Forums

I found an interesting article by Roy Masters that was posted by a member of the forums at "The Board" website. I'm not sure if I've broken any forum rules by providing a link to the forum. Scroll down to the third post dated 2/1/05:

Getting Down to Basics
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-17-2005, 05:04 PM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus
I found an interesting article by Roy Masters that was posted by a member of the forums at "The Board" website. I'm not sure if I've broken any forum rules by providing a link to the forum. Scroll down to the third post dated 2/1/05:

Getting Down to Basics
No, that's fine. And thanks for the link ...
__________________
So when the body dies, and consciousness departs, where do "we" go? ... Off to define another "reality" perhaps?
Reply With Quote
Reply