> Spirituality and Mysticism > What is Mysticism? > Paranormal Experiences
  #1  
Old 01-02-2005, 05:22 PM
patelvipulk patelvipulk is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 19
Default the extrasensory potentials of mind

There is a free online book which you may like titled " Extra
sensory potentials of mind" It can be read/ free downloaded from
http://www.awgp.org/english/books/extra_potentials.pdf
Author: – Pt. Shriram Sharma Acharya

Following is the preface and TOC for the book...
PREFACE
Spiritually enlightened mind is said to be a source of divine
potentials. Hidden beneath the core of the conscious mind, there lie
the prodigious powers of the unconscious mind. Activation of the
subtle centers in the brain and the endocrine system helps expression
of the miraculous powers of the inner mind and manifestation of its
extrasensory faculties in the gross world. Clairvoyance,
precognition, knowledge of the hidden or the unseen, realization of
the distant past or the future as happening in the present,
extrasensory perceptions beyond the barriers of space-time
constraints, are among the much talked of supernatural experiences.
These also constitute the major cause of common curiosity on the one
front and the focus of meticulous scientific inquisitiveness on
theother.The present book has brought in-depth details on the myths
and realities of the extrasensory perceptions, supramental talents
and supernormal experiences. It is compiled from the translation of
the Chapter 6 of the Volume 18 of `Pt. Shriram Sharma Acharya
Vangmaya' series. The author has thoroughly attended to multiple
aspects of the cosmic evolution of consciousness in the human
body, spiritual transmutation of hidden intellect and activation of
the extrasensory power centers like the "Sahastra Chakra" and the "
Agya Chakra" by different kinds of "Yoga Sadhana( Practice)" with
adept guidance.He has also discussed – along with evidential
examples – the possibilities of sudden arousal of supernatural
faculties because of the intrinsic mental tendencies and spiritual
assimilation since past live(s), and the use of hypnotism and Yoga
Nidra in psychic healing, understanding the complexities
of human mind and awakening of latent talents.
Several sections are devoted here to the riddles of Nature posed by
the mysterious experiences
ranging from – the recurrence of past events at specific places,
sudden appearance of a ruined
kingdom, etc, to – the esoteric existence of "Siddha Pithas"
(aroused hermitages) in the impregnable domains of the Himalayas,
journey of the other worlds through the black holes, etc.
The author provides a marvelous combination of rare information and
references from the ancient scriptures and modern scientific research
findings. The ample collection of authentic examples on
each topic adds to the lucidity and liveliness of the book. The
perspicuous explanation and scientific
elucidation of the "Para" and "Apara" forms of Nature, matter and
anti-matter, realization of time as the
fourth dimension, horizons of existence beyond the three dimensional
space, etc presented here are
truly remarkable. The book also offers us a unique opportunity of
elevated scientific thinking and
spiritual illumination of our mental realms. We certainly can't
afford missing an engrossed reading of
this peerless piece of knowledge.
– Dr. Pranav Pandya, MD
CONTENTS
• The Wonders Of The Negligible
• Cosmic Evolution In The Human Body
• The Seeds of Super Knowledge Lie In Every Brain
• Arcane Energy Centers In Human Body
• The Source Of Eminent Talents
• The Core of Infinite Potentials
• Riddles of Nature – Challenges For The Intellect!
• Hypnotism May Help Unfolding Of The Unconscious
• Human Mind Or A Living Encyclopedia?
• Vision Of The Hidden Eye
• The Key Of Total Health Folded In The Neuronal Network
• So Wonderful Is Our Mental Communication!
• The Unique Power Of Thoughts
• Telepathy Is Real And Feasible
• The Multipurpose Instrument Of Human Body
• Photographing The Imaginary
• Our Prodigious Subliminal Powers
• The Magical Effects of Brain-Activities
• Mental Strength For Desired Success
• Accidental Emergence Of E.S.P.
• Decipher The Hidden Treasures
• The Complexity Of Mind
• Attainment Of Divine Potentials By Stimulation Of "Sahastar"
• The Amazing And Unknown World Living In The Human Body
• Arousing The Dormant Might
• The Linkage Of The Subtle With The Gross Body
• Human Mind – Coherence Of Infinite Energy
• The Latent Roots Of Powers
• Know Your Future
• Horizons Of Consciousness Beyond The Sensory Functions
• Keep Your Mind Open – Know The Unknown
• The Radio-Communication And Television Of The Brain
• Scientific Investigations On Supernormal Faculties
• Expression Of Hidden Talents
• A Repository Of Supernatural Attainments
• The Riddhis - Siddhis Endowed in The Inner Mind
• Emergence of Siddhis In The Inner World By Yoga
• Radiance Of Inner Strength
• The Extra-terrestrial Voyage Of The Subtle Body
• The Secrets Entangled In Obscurity
• The Mystic Experiences In Awakened Hermitages
• Live Experiences Of The Distant Past
• Precognition – Philosophical Vision and Scientific Reality
• The Other World – Some Unresolved Riddles
• Hello, Planet Mars! One Second….., I Am Just Arriving…
• Timeless Existence
• Time Machine Could Be Real!
• Omnipresence Of Supreme Consciousness
• Science In The Field Of Consciousness
• Occult Facets Of Life In New Scientific Light
• The Individual Mind Vs The Cosmic Mind
• Commingling Of The Individual And The Cosmic Consciousness


Hope you enjoy the book. If you like to read more book by the author,
please visit http://www.awgp.org/english/books/books_english.html
To read more about the author please visit:
http://www.awgp.org/english/founder/guruji.html

Please post your comments about the book here. You can alsp send me an email at patelvipulk [at] hotmail.com. Also, please feel free to copy/distribute ( or put it on your website) these books as the
Author intented them for public use and did not want to have any
copyright on his writings..

Vipul Patel, PA, USA
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-10-2005, 03:23 PM
patelvipulk patelvipulk is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 19
Default

If you have liked the book, I request you to post your comments here...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-30-2005, 01:21 AM
patelvipulk patelvipulk is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 19
Default

did anyone get chaqnce to scan this book yet?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-30-2005, 03:44 AM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelvipulk
did anyone get chaqnce to scan this book yet?
I was looking forward to you posting excerpts here.

Start with the Bibliography--I have more than a little interest in the area, and would like to see how well the book dives into the relevant literature.

I do not wish to take the chance, not knowing the source, of clicking on a link and possibly infecting my computer. If you want a serious response, I would be glad to give one, but you would need to bring it here; I won't go there.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-30-2005, 02:07 PM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Cuttlefish
I was looking forward to you posting excerpts here.

Start with the Bibliography--I have more than a little interest in the area, and would like to see how well the book dives into the relevant literature.

I do not wish to take the chance, not knowing the source, of clicking on a link and possibly infecting my computer. If you want a serious response, I would be glad to give one, but you would need to bring it here; I won't go there.
I'm with ya there. I tried searching amazon.com to see if they had anything on the book, but nothing. The only knowledge I have comes from the book's own preface, which I don't regard as an unbiased source. Even patelvipulk has said virtually nothing about it.

Sorry patelly, I need more info before I risk my computor or waste my time reading this.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-30-2005, 05:27 PM
Default

This sounds kind of familiar ...

Quote:
Cosmic Evolution In The Human Body

What was there before the advent of Nature? Inspired by this hidden quest, the Vedik knowledge elucidates that – the earth or any other planet or star did not have existence, neither did water, fire, electricity, or any form of matter or energy…; nothing was there before the gross manifestation of the universe…. The eternal element of Brahm – the absolute source of existence remains omnipresent before the origin and ultimate end of every creation… It is the perennial source of every activity, every form of energy, every domain of the gross and the subliminal reflections of Nature… The ever-expanding universe, the unlimited expressions of Nature, the hidden folds and creative forms of consciousness… are all said to be the manifestations of the Brahm. This whole creation has sparked off from the absolute tapa and cosmic impulse of the Brahm.
This is also interesting ...

Quote:
The Complexity Of Mind

Psychology says that –– man thinks even when he is not thinking anything. This sounds rather puzzling at a superficial level. When we are not thinking then how could our mind think? After all, we also think with the help of the mind only? It is true that whenever we think, it is indeed our mind that thinks... However, the functioning of mind is too complex to be explained or experienced this way… It does not remain idle even when we sleep or do not engage it in any thought. Its internal processing continues weaving its own dynamic web of thoughts.

The existence of inner layers of mind – as described in the Shastrik Literature, is now an accepted scientific fact. Although, a complete realization or elucidation of the human mind has not been possible for the modern psychologists and brain researchers, the subconscious mind has been a focus of attention and studies since almost a century. These researchers also recognize the importance of unconscious and super conscious domains of (the inner cores of) mind. They explain that when one is all alone, calm, and practically thoughtless or sleeping, it is the conscious mind that becomes silent and inactive; but the subconscious and the unconscious mind, would in general continue their work in the inner and subliminal domains.
My opinion? The book seems informative and well written. Might be easier to access if it were in HTML format though. I don't suppose it would be too much trouble to convert it and post on my website if I had permission from the author to do so. How do you know this is possible patelvipulk?
__________________
So when the body dies, and consciousness departs, where do "we" go? ... Off to define another "reality" perhaps?

Last edited by Iacchus32 : 01-30-2005 at 06:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-30-2005, 05:57 PM
Default

From your brief excerpts, it sounds like this could be anything from bad pop psychology to B-level psych packaged for the public. It is not, from this very small sample (a deeper reading may prove otherwise, and the particular exerpts chosen may reflect Iacchus's bias as much as anything else), an accurate picture of the current view of consciousness. For that, if one wants a book written for public consumption, something by Sacks or Ramachandran. The "shastric literature" is not accepted scientific fact at all...a simple search for "shastric" through our library database (medical and psych journals, since we are looking at consciousness here) of over 100,000 articles...returns precisely 2 articles, neither of which support the notion that the shastric literature is scientific fact.

Come on, Iacchus--just because something agrees with your preconceived notions does not mean it is "informative". Do a little digging! This is why I would like to see the reference pages for this "book". If your excerpt here is representative of the rest, it is a piece of fluff, not a serious resource.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-30-2005, 07:08 PM
Default Chapter 1 Part 1

Well, this must be chapter 1 ...

Quote:
The Wonders Of The Negligible

The bigger need not always be mightier. Rather, it is often experienced by those who can think deeper that –– the subtler forms of matter and energy, and the subliminal currents of conscious force are exponentially more powerful than their gross manifestations. Equally noticeable is the fact that this power needs to be concentrated and used cautiously in a focused manner.

One kilogram of soil cannot do what an atom of its negligible particle could. What is an atom? An ensemble of orbiting electrons and the nuclear protons and neutrons or still subtler particles? Whatever be its decomposition, this subtle unit of matter is indeed a source of immense energy. All activities of the material world exist and are regulated by this atomic energy at the root.

The potency – the energy, of the drug constituents are given maximum importance in Homeopathy. Dr. Henimann, the founder of this system of medicine had pioneered the potency theory. Later on, Dr. Schussler had also emphasized similar facts in the principle of “Tissue Remedies”.

Darwin, the father of the “Theory of Evolution” was also interested in the subtler fields of energy. Once a Dutch scientist had appraised him of the finding that even a one hundred thousandth fraction of a grain of Atropine affects the eyes… Darwin described his experience in affirmation, saying –– “In one experiment, I have seen how a millionth part of a milligram of Ammonia could stimulate an artery. A hundred and twenty millionth fraction of a tiny crystal of common salt also causes similar effects”.

Dr. A. Singer had shown that whatever effect a milliliter of an acid would cause on the healthy body, similar would be the reaction of its two hundred thousandth milliliter. Dr. Schussler had shown that if one eats large quantity of salt, it would have instant negative reaction and also cause giddying heaviness and other harmful effects because only a negligible amount of salt is sufficient for normal activation of the cells. Larger concentrations of the same disturb the trans-membrane ionic currents along with other negative effects on the harmony of cellular and biochemical reactions.

If the ratio of hydrochloric acid in water is 1:100 at the body-temperature, then it would help easy digestion of the gluten of the pulses and fibril of other grains…But little rise in its concentration would rather suppress the digestive power instead. Still larger amount would be damaging… The iron content of milk is a very important factor in its being a healthy food. How much is this content? Almost a millionth fraction of a milligram of iron in 250 grams of milk! It sounds negligible. But nature has adjusted everything so optimally. A little more of this amount would, on the contrary, make milk too heavy to be digested.

The vital role of the red blood corpuscles (RBC) in healthy maintenance of life is well known. The ideal component of iron in these cells is a major factor that accounts for the power of hemoglobin in the RBCs. This content also is very small. One RBC is about twelve millionth of an inch in size. A small drop of blood is constituted by about 0.3 million of such particles. How much iron could this tiny particle contain? Here again the subtle amount makes all the difference…

The root of manifestation of life in a human form is also so subtle… The zygote formed by conceiving of the sperm by the ovum is about a millionth of a cubic millimeter in size. Isn’t it surprising that the marvelous creation of the human body is contained in such a microstructure – which can’t even be seen without an electronic microscope?

The amount of radium available in the world might be around four to five ounce only. This element plays a key role in nuclear medicine and is crucial in some scientific and technological experiments. Its tiny amount, available on the earth so far, is estimated to be sufficient for all these applications for not less than next twenty five hundred years. Now, we can easily imagine how much of it is required for the crucial applications?

The bottle containing saffron smells of its heavenly incense even if emptied since long… The fragrance remains strong even if the bottle is washed several times. This again reflects the significant impact of the subliminal power of matter.

The gross world, the visible facts of life appear quite familiar, sundry, ordinary and unattractive. We hardly find anything special or important or exceptional here. But, if we pay a little attention and think little deep, we would find the excellence of order, inexplicable perfection, and absolute art of Nature in it. A new world, a new experience of life, beyond what we knew at superficial level would also express its existence as we enter deeper in our thoughts, knowledge, and realizations. The physical world as well as the subtle world of thoughts, sentiments and spiritual realization, every impulse of existence in the subliminal expansion of consciousness…, is unimaginably orgulous, astonishing, limitless source of knowledge.

Acquisition of greater knowledge and the realization and use of the hidden powers of the perceivable and subliminal forms of Nature, and spirituality could be possible. But, only if we endeavor sincerely to know more, experiment to search the deeper depths of the associated fields of knowledge and strive for elucidation of the absolute truth. Such attempts in the domain of physical (material or perceivable) world have led to scientific understanding and developments. Those pertaining to the world of thoughts, sentiments and spirituality fall under the auspices of the yoga-sadhanas and provide the key to blissful enlightenment and astonishing attainments. In-depth study and exaltation of our knowledge in science and spirituality brighten up the possibility of greater success and accomplishments in both the dimensions and thus enable reaching higher realms of virtuous life.

Transformation of the visible forms of existence into the invisible and vice-versa is quite natural, although, it might, at times appear mysterious because of our ignorance. Matter could be converted into energy and energy could be expressed or manifested in material form…. This is factual in the fields of physico-chemical sciences. This universal law also applies in the subliminal realms of Nature.

“The Brahm –– the Omnipresent Supreme Consciousness manifests itself in Maya – the physical world, the perceivable expression of Nature… Maya is ultimately absorbed in the Brahm”. These implications of the Vedanta Philosophy sound too esoteric and confusing in general. It is difficult to decipher and realize the deep knowledge conveyed therein… However, as the modern science is moving deeper into the subtler forms of matter and energy, it is tending closer towards the ancient sciences and is gradually unfolding the hidden secrets of Nature and its subliminal core… It may be hoped that one day it would elucidate the realization of the Omnipresent Consciousness existing in every living being as well as every form of matter.

The science of Physics may be broadly classified as that pertaining to –– (i) Matter and (ii) Energy. Material forms are those, which can be perceived by our sense organs. These can be collected or measured in three different, mutually transformable states, namely, solid, liquid and gas. Energy corresponds to the source of power, or force, contained in matter and in the universal expansion of nature. Heat, Light, Electricity, Magnetism, Sound, etc are different forms of energy. Existence of energy expands in the form of waves. This cannot be measured directly but can be realized in terms of their potential manifestation in the activities of the physical world.
__________________
So when the body dies, and consciousness departs, where do "we" go? ... Off to define another "reality" perhaps?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-30-2005, 07:09 PM
Default Chapter 1 Part 2

And here's the second half ...

Quote:
The solids do not change their state, size, and shape without any external force, or mechanical or chemical cause of change. The dense interconnections between the molecules and atoms provide this rigidity to a solid form of matter.

The mutual force of attraction between the molecules of a liquid is rather weak Therefore, liquids flow under the law of pressure-gradient. These adopt the shape of the container. The molecules of gas do not have any binding of mutual force. These are free to move in all directions… Small amount of a gas can spread in the entire room. All the three states of a single element are quite different from each other in terms of physical and chemical properties.

Variation in the energy level may bring drastic changes in the state of matter. For example, at reduced heat – below 0oC water becomes ice and with warming – above 100oC it boils and evaporates as steam.

The molecules that constitute matter and the atoms that constitute a molecule are always in motion. Their velocity increases with temperature. The change in the temperature or pressure of a material substance therefore varies the pattern of mutual attraction and arrangements of the molecules and eventually (above a certain threshold, depending upon the specific type of matter) results in transformation of state… At a very low temperature, an iron peace may be converted into rough crystals like that of sand. Variation in molecular energy may transform the form of a substance so much that it would be difficult to recall or infer about its original form.

Whatever we see through our eyes is not the ultimate truth. The sky appears like a blue colored limitless umbrella to us. Thick layer of water in a deep pond or river looks greenish. But any student of science or any one who knows the scientific fact in this case would know that – the sky as well as water are colorless. Scientific investigations show that it is the effect of the reflection or refraction of light through specific angles because of which a specific color or combination of the colors of the spectrum of light appears as the color of an object or a region… Whichever color or combination of colors (out of the seven principle colors of light-spectrum) a flower reflects(after absorbing the other colors) appears as its color. The same is true of the color of fruits, paints, cloths, and other things we see anywhere in this world.

The things that appear stationary or stable around us also are not so in reality. Continuous rotation, vibrations, and movements of their molecules make their existence possible. Appearance of a smooth surface is also an illusion. It contains many pores and rough layers of molecular ensembles that are not visible by naked eyes. The surface of a mica- quoted table would look so smooth and shining. We will also get the same feeling after touching it. However, viewing it with the help of a fine microscope would expose the holes and wavy (non-smooth) layers in it.

We can never see or even imagine any hole or empty space in water. But we do observe that its volume does not change even after dissolving some sugar in it. Where does the volume of sugar (or any other solute) get accommodated?

It is the cavities – the empty space, between the water molecules that make space for it…. Mixing sand in a water container raises the level of water in it. But no such rise (or change) is seen if we mix same amount of salt instead of sand. This is because the molecules of water have sufficient spaces and appropriate size and shape of the cavities to bind the molecules of salt (or sugar, or any other solute), but the different chemical structure of the sand molecules prevents such adjustment.

Atom – the smallest structural constituent of matter is schematically depicted as a solid (single unit). But, in fact, over 90% of its space is empty – the electrons orbit around the nucleus at specific distances in its outer periphery.

There are infinitely many kinds of matter known to exist in this world. The basic elements that constitute matter are identified to be only 108. Different combinations, reactions, stereo-chemical and 3D-structural arrangements of the molecules of one or more of these elements under different conditions give rise to the limitless gamut of substances of varied physicochemical and biological properties.

The advancement of modern physics and technological developments have made feasible the conversion of matter into energy and transfer of one form of energy into another or even into matter…. Even our cooking stoves and boilers also sometimes process the transformation of the visible into the invisible. Nature has its own wonderful ways of such conversions and transformations on an endless scale. Sometimes the invisible manifests itself physically or in visible forms, and sometimes the visible is dissolved into the invisible, intangible…, subliminal….

Our organs are excellent sensors that grasp the electronic vibrations or impulses of the energy currents within the specific range of their perception. And then instantaneously transmit the corresponding signals to the brain via the network of the sensory nerves. This is how our brain (and hence we too) experience the perceptions of sound (speech), vision, smell, hearing, taste and touch.

If our brain were only a super bio-computer and information processor without the ability to experience the perception of the sense organ, and of the good or bad, pleasant or unpleasant sensation, then we would simply have been an ensemble of matter… Only the variation of energy waves would have been recorded and transmitted through our brain…. In that case, there would not have been any things like perception, conceptualization, realization, or feeling of an experience in our life.

Physically speaking, whatever our sense organs encounter is only a consequence of molecular interactions and signals transmitted by different kinds of vibrations in the surrounding ‘ocean’ of energy. We do perceive these signals the way we do, because of the marvelous functioning of our brain and the conscious faculties of our mind.

There is nothing like good or bad, troublesome, irritating or painful, or, cheering, soothing, or blissful in Nature. It is only the conditioning, expectations, and experiences of our mind that make us feel accordingly. It is the relative effect of our conscious mind, our intrinsic tendencies and our inner self, reflected in the mental domain that constitutes our individual world… We perceive the world as a reflection of our own conceptualization or as the shadow of the world created in our own mind.

The combination of the physical manifestation of Nature and the absolute power expressed in the existence of consciousness and life is a reflection of what is defined in the Shastric Literature as the conjugation of the Prakrati and Purusha. This unique linkage of the gross and the subtle, of matter and consciousness, of the body and mind –– is so deep, vast, and arcane that cannot be described or deciphered completely…. We do not know, not even feel this vital linkage.., because of our ignorance. But the sagacious seers, the great thinkers and the researchers of the subliminal world find absolute perfection, limitless knowledge and ever-new secrets of the ultimate truth embraced in its folds….

At a crude or superficial level one may find a wide range of unnecessary, irrelevant, arbitrary and disorderly things and events in this world. But those who think and search the depths of truth and knowledge see that every thing, the tiniest of the entities existing here reflects the eternal light and is endowed with the power blessed by the Supreme Creator. Every impulse of the inner sentiments seems to bring them a shower of heavenly nectar. In fact, every thing here could be meaningless and haphazard or could be absolutely relevant and in perfect order… depending upon the reflection of our attitude or the level of enlightenment of our intellect…. One can see the extraordinary talents of the eternal creator in the ordinary or ‘usual’ encounters in different dimensions of life…. One may find thy presence in a stone provided one has the trenchancy of pure vision to see the subliminal.

The wider we expand our attitude…., and, ….the deeper we immerse our intellect in the unlimited ocean of knowledge, the more astonishing wonders and completeness we would find in Nature. If our thinking, our vision, our sentiments, are enlightened, every dimension of life, every expression of Nature, would appear divine in this world.
__________________
So when the body dies, and consciousness departs, where do "we" go? ... Off to define another "reality" perhaps?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-30-2005, 07:51 PM
Default

Invoking the authority of homeopathy (in the first segment) goes a long way to show this is crap. Mostly a lightweight piece of pop-psychology fluff, with enough true stuff to fool some people, and enough wrong to be dangerous.

Thanks for posting it, Iacchus; now I have no desire to read it. (again, I would welcome reading the bibliography or references).
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-30-2005, 08:59 PM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Cuttlefish
Invoking the authority of homeopathy (in the first segment) goes a long way to show this is crap.
Yeah, that kind of sent up a flag with me too, albeit I'm not all that familiar with the subject. It is one of the favorite things James Randi likes to debunk, however.

Quote:
Mostly a lightweight piece of pop-psychology fluff, with enough true stuff to fool some people, and enough wrong to be dangerous.
Aside from his reference to homeopathy, the only thing some of us can't be sure of is his references to spirituality. And yet I personally don't feel afronted by it.

Quote:
Thanks for posting it, Iacchus; now I have no desire to read it. (again, I would welcome reading the bibliography or references).
According to this link (from the original post), he's been around for awhile and has a pretty extensive background.
__________________
So when the body dies, and consciousness departs, where do "we" go? ... Off to define another "reality" perhaps?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-31-2005, 12:55 AM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iacchus32

Aside from his reference to homeopathy, the only thing some of us can't be sure of is his references to spirituality. And yet I personally don't feel afronted by it.
This is because you are ignorant of the field. If you knew more about the relevant research, you would see there are holes in this chapter big enough to float a barge through.
Quote:

According to this link (from the original post), he's been around for awhile and has a pretty extensive background.
There are any number of people who have been around for a while, but who are so far removed from the relevant research that they may as well be writing fiction. Actually, it is worse than that; they claim to be writing science, and people who are not familiar with the relevant literature (such as yourself, Iacchus) may be fooled into believing that theirs is a mainstream--or at least legitimate--opinion. That is why I wanted to see the bibliography--I *am* familiar with the relevant literature, and want to see whether this author was part of the scientific community or just another poser with some ideas and good public relations.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-01-2005, 12:10 AM
patelvipulk patelvipulk is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 19
Default more info on the book:

IMO--This is an amzing book.( I am a degrreed scieintist by profession) and has answered many questions that I had. It combines ancient spiritual wisom with modern science with references to work done by many present day scieintists.. The reason you could not find out about it on amazon.com is because it is not avaialble there. It is written by an Indian spiritual mystic who did not want any copyrights on his material ( he has hand-written onve 100,000 pages on many subjects..).. The book I mentioned recently got translated and is now availalbe on-line for free. ( along with 30 or so other books).. hope you will enjoy it..


Quote:
Originally Posted by goozleberry
I'm with ya there. I tried searching amazon.com to see if they had anything on the book, but nothing. The only knowledge I have comes from the book's own preface, which I don't regard as an unbiased source. Even patelvipulk has said virtually nothing about it.

Sorry patelly, I need more info before I risk my computor or waste my time reading this.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-01-2005, 12:12 AM
patelvipulk patelvipulk is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 19
Default It may be possible to put this bookm on your web..

Please send me an email at patelvipulk[at]hotmail[dot]com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iacchus32
This sounds kind of familiar ...


This is also interesting ...


My opinion? The book seems informative and well written. Might be easier to access if it were in HTML format though. I don't suppose it would be too much trouble to convert it and post on my website if I had permission from the author to do so. How do you know this is possible patelvipulk?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-01-2005, 12:55 AM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelvipulk
IMO--This is an amzing book.( I am a degrreed scieintist by profession) and has answered many questions that I had. It combines ancient spiritual wisom with modern science with references to work done by many present day scieintists.. The reason you could not find out about it on amazon.com is because it is not avaialble there. It is written by an Indian spiritual mystic who did not want any copyrights on his material ( he has hand-written onve 100,000 pages on many subjects..).. The book I mentioned recently got translated and is now availalbe on-line for free. ( along with 30 or so other books).. hope you will enjoy it..
What is your degree in, might I ask? And your profession?

I did not look on amazon.com. The claim was that the shastric literature was scientifically accepted, so I searched the relevant peer-reviewed journals via electronic database. There were, as I say, only 2 mentions of "shastric" in the entire database.

You say "references to work done by many present day scientists". This is an odd way of phrasing it--does it merely "refer to" their work, in passing, as the excerpts Iacchus has posted seem to? Or is the book thoroughly referenced, with proper citations for the applicable research? I assume, from what you have posted here, that it doesn't stand a chance of having passed peer review.

Given that the topic is empirical in nature, the fact that the author is "an Indian spiritual mystic" is not a big selling point. I would far rather see solid training in experimental methodology in a work of this sort.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-12-2005, 07:27 PM
patelvipulk patelvipulk is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 19
Default

I am a ph.D in electrical engineering and work as a reseach scientist in the field of Optics and semiconductors.

This book has refered to work done by research labls all over the world. however, it is not in the way typically done in a western books.
( In fact, before the internet has so much information, I had a tough time beleiving that the author ( Sri Ram Sharma Acharya-- an Indian spiritual master of modern times) who has a formal education of only fifth grade and had no excess to any major library in the area he lived ( that is still the case in most part of India) can know so much and about so many subjects..Now, with the internet, I was able to verify work by some of the researchers that he has mentioned in the book.
To me, he was a living proof of what he talked about in the book about extrasensory potentials of mind.

He wrote over 100,000 full scape pages in over 3000 books on so many subjectes in Hindi. He did not keep copyright on any of his writings..
His books are not yet avaialalbe on Amazon.com..
I am trying to get some of them avialble on Amamzon.com after I get permission to do so form the organization he started ( www.awgp.org) so that West can also benifited from his writings..

Vipul..
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-20-2005, 02:06 PM
patelvipulk patelvipulk is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 19
Default

Please let me know if I can provide anyone with more information..

Vipul..
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-20-2005, 07:19 PM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelvipulk
Please let me know if I can provide anyone with more information..

Vipul..
Did he commit suicide?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-23-2005, 03:59 PM
patelvipulk patelvipulk is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 19
Default

No he did not commit suiside.
This may be a little foreign to many, but in India, there are many enlightened souls who can choose when to leave their physical body when they feel that that divine work for which the physical body is needed is over..

Here was his last message to his disciples.

MY soul’s embodied sojourn on Earth is about to come to a close. Every breath of this long life-span of eighty years has been spent, in a spirit of total self-surrender to the Indwelling All-pervading Divinity while selflessly and single pointedly carrying out the behests of my Divine Gurusatta, living in astral-causal sheaths in the remote Himalayas. The stupendous and herculean task of uplifting humanity into the Golden Era of Satyug (Age of Truth) will be far more swiftly and effectively accomplished by working, as a liberated soul, through the self-effectuating and all-conquering divine cosmic energies of the higher planes of consciousness, instead of somehow carrying on the work with this worn-out physical sheath. Hence the decision to cast it off.

The light of which I have been an instrument and medium will not extinguish with my withdrawal from the physical realm. I assure all my parijans that I will continue living and working with them at Shantikunj and elsewhere in my astral-causal body as a concrete presence and guide, help and inspire them in their efforts to lead humanity into the Golden Era of Truth, Light and Immortality. I will finally merge into the Blissful Luminous causal self at the end of this century, after humanity has taken decisive leap into the cosmic consciousness and attained the light of New Era of spiritual Unity, Harmony and Peace. The bonds of spiritual kinship that bind us will continue growing deeper and stronger with the passage of time.

My soul is like a Brahma - Kamal (Lotus) in full bloom. Throughout this life I have sown numberless seeds of this lotus in aspiring souls who have turned to me. I am sure these seeds, wherever they have fallen on fertile soil, will sprout and grow up into full-bloomed Brahma - Kamals themselves and become the torch-bearers for the spread of Divine Light on Earth.

My blessings, love and prayer-filled wishes to all my parijans. I will always be with them in their selfless and noble endeavours in this divine work.


If someone is intersted, His autobiography " My life , its legacy and message" can be downloaded from: http://www.awgp.org/english/books/mylife.pdf.
Reply With Quote
Reply